I love doing embroidery and applique. This weekend I was asked by someone to make a floppy ear Minnie Mouse. I wasn’t quite sure I was going to be able to do it, but I thought about it a bit, and this is what I came up with. This could be for a Mickey or a Minnie lover, and so cute with a name embroidered underneath!
This design was super quick and fun to do! I have the steps and some pictures listed below. ( I must admit, I started having so much fun, I kept forgetting to grab the camera! But follow instructions and you will get the same results. )
1. This first thing I did was hoop my fabric with medium cut away stabilizer on the back. Once this was hooped, I took another piece of fabric and attached some light bonding to it. I placed this on top of the hooped fabric, with the bonding facing up towards me.
2. The second thing I did was stitch out the ears. This took a quick minute to do.
3. After I stitched out the ears, I cut them out. When cutting them out, I made sure not to cut too close to the stitching. Once I cut around the ears, I then cut off a small end on each ear, and then was able to pull the ear inside out. This now should show you the right sides of the fabric.
4. After I did that, I made the circle on my machine for the face. Once the face was stitched, I paused the machine and taped the ears onto the face, so I could get them exactly where I wanted them, and they would stay. I then placed another stitch around the ears so that I had the ears attached to the face.
5. I then placed my face fabric on top of the face outline, and did another facial stitch. Once that was complete, I cut around the fabric, and careful around the ears so I wouldn’t amputate an ear. 🙂
6. After the fabric was cut away, I let the machine go and finish the final stitches.
This was so easy and super cute. This would be super cute on a little yellow, pink, or white puffy sleeved shirt for girls, and with their name embroidered underneath! What a fun little shirt for that special Disney vacation, or for the Disney lover in us all!