This is by far the BEST sweet potato casserole I have ever had! You will love this and I bet this will become a new classic for you as well.Ingredients:
2 cans of yams
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter softened
3 tbsp all purpose four
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped candied/sugared pecans
2. Open sweet potatoes and mash until softened.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup butter, salt, vanilla extract, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and heavy cream. Mix well, and then transfer into prepared baking dish.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 cup butter, flour, brown sugar, and half of the finely chopped candied/sugared pecans. Mix this with your fingers or a blender until it is a consistency of course meal. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of your potato mixture.
5. In your blender finely chop the remaining pecans until they are finely grained. Sprinkle this over the potato mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly browned, approximately 30 minutes. Cool and serve.
Make sure to see my previous post on how to make the candied/sugared pecans. This is the defining factor in the scrumptious taste to this classic dish!